Science Team Leader & Senior Scientist Plant and Endophyte Technologies Team - [Archived Advertisement]
AgResearch (View other jobs from this organisation)
Location: Grasslands Campus, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Expected salary: NZD $118,458 - $135,380 (Gross per annum)
Minimum guaranteed hours: 40 hours
- Flexible working options
- Income Protection and Life Insurance
- 5 weeks of annual leave
At AgResearch, our purpose is to use science to enhance the value, productivity, and profitability of New Zealand’s pastoral, agri-food, and Agri-Technology sector value chains to contribute to economic growth and beneficial environmental and social outcomes for New Zealand. We are committed to the knowledge system of mÄtauranga MÄori on equal footing with Western science and existing structures, that have helped support positive change in farming practices and food production in Aotearoa.
Find out more about AgResearch here https://youtu.be/RTtI0ejoiIY
What you will be doing:
This is an exciting opportunity for you to lead our Plant and Endophyte Technologies team, ensuring it has the current and future capability requirements (both personnel and science-based infrastructure and equipment) aligned to the Science Plan and ensuring a vital science-driven innovation pipeline and culture of innovation excellence.
Your proven leadership skills will be invaluable as you lead a high performing team to successfully fulfil its science needs through mentoring, coaching, developing, and supporting the team members. You will play an integral part of enhancing the employee experience by providing regular positive and constructive feedback.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A PhD in Microbiology or Plant Science is preferred.
- Proven experience in the leadership/supervision of individuals/groups in science, including setting and reviewing progress against objectives, mentoring of individuals and assistance in career development.
- Skills in programme leadership and evidence of innovation in science and technology.
- An ability to work with senior leaders.
- Proven record in a relevant science area (preferably including experience in plant-microbe interactions with an emphasis on fungal endophytes and/or plant molecular biology).
- We encourage applications from candidates with an understanding of or a willingness to develop their capability in Te Tiriti o Waitangi, tikanga MÄori, and/or te reo MÄori.
More benefits of working at AgResearch:
At AgResearch we appreciate that we all value different things when it comes to working, so we provide a diverse range of benefits including extensive flexible working options that help employees balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments, as well as health and wellbeing leave. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/.
Relocation assistance may be provided.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please click on the link, which will allow you to upload a Cover Letter and CV. In your 1-page (maximum) Cover Letter, please outline the following:
- Your motivation in applying
- Why you feel you are a good fit for the role
- What specific experience and skills you will bring to the role
- Any other elements you would like us to consider in your application
For further information regarding your application please contact Linda Johnson, Science Group Manager, Resilient Agriculture on 021378189.
Applications close: 1st December 2022.
- Closing Date:
- 01 Dec 2022
- International - New Zealand
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science
Plant Biology/Crop Physiology