Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
Simmonds & Bristow Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators at Simmonds & Bristow
Simmonds & Bristow help people make good clean water throughout Australia, with special emphasis on looking after small and remote communities, from mines, industry and resorts to rural towns and indigenous communities.
We are seeking multiple experienced Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators to join our Relief Services Team on an ongoing basis for fixed-term contracts across Queensland and New South Wales. Remuneration will be based on experience.
This is an opportunity for anyone with Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator experience to see our great country, meet new people and gain experience with diverse plant operations.
To be successful in this role:
- Must hold a Certificate III in Water Operations, or above or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience in the operations and maintenance of water and/or wastewater treatment plants.
- Experience in Chlorine Gas handling preferred.
- Confined space, working at heights and white card certification it’s an advantage but not always required.
- Good written and spoken English plus the ability to follow procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic computer skills
General daily duties may include:
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant operation
- Make up and dosing of plant chemicals.
- Adjusting plant settings.
- Day to day monitoring and controlling of plant/equipment.
- Mechanical and electrical equipment monitoring.
- Routine cleaning of plant and equipment.
- Taking necessary readings throughout the day.
- Keeping and maintaining of records.
- Sampling and daily testing.
- Minor maintenance of plant
- Troubleshooting on plant operations if any unforeseen circumstances.
- Any other works as directed day to day for plant operation and maintenance.
What's on offer:
- $35 -$45/hour base on role and experience (Significantly above water industry award hourly rate)
- plus, Super 10.5% (to be adjusted as per the super regulation)
- Plus, penalty rate applies to any Overtime and call outs on general work.
- Plus, Annual leave and entitlement accrued paid at the end of contract.
- Plus, Travel and accommodation expenses paid by the company.
- Plus, Vehicle supplied by company, depending on the location.
- Opportunity to work on ongoing contracts, experience and travel to different sites and locations all around Australia.
- Join a small, well-structured and Australian owned full-service firm with over 50 years of service.
Open positions to cover:
- Dubbo, NSW (1x Sewage Treatment Plant Operator)
- Mulwala, NSW. (1x Sewage Treatment Plant Operator)
- Central Queensland (1x Relief Treatment Plant Supervisor)
- Central Queensland (1x Water & Wastewater Senior Treatment Plant Operator)
Start Date: Immediate Start
If you feel that you tick the boxes, we would like to hear from you.
A Resume must be attached and Cover Letter to address the required skills and experience would be preferred.
For a discussion about the position, please contact Lorena Ortiz on 07 3434 3800 or submit your Resume now by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- $35 -$45/hour plus, Super 10.5% . Depend on expeirence
- Work Type: