Irrigation Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Duxton Vineyards (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Competitive salary
- On-site accommodation provided
- Motor vehicle and phone allowance supplied
Duxton Vineyards is a private company which is located in the Sunraysia region of Australia. The business owns and operates several wine grape vineyards in the area with strong growth plans. With approximately 2,500 hectares of productive area the business produces 20% of fruit in the area annually and over 5% of Australia’s annual crush. Duxton Vineyards works with some of the largest wine companies in Australia as well as the rest of the world.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Viticulture Manager, the Irrigation Manager will be responsible and accountable for implementing and coordinating day-to-day activities in relation to the irrigation on the Vineyard. The Irrigation Manager will also ensure the scheduled irrigation and fertigation programs are completed right, first time and will ensure all irrigation infrastructure is serviced, repaired, and well maintained.
- Determine hydraulic parameters for an irrigation system
- Implement an irrigation-related program
- Schedule irrigation and fertigation programs accurately and to vine requirements.
- Liase with Viticulturist and adjust scheduling of irrigation by continually observing and monitoring of growth, soil moisture status, nutrition and soil health.
- Select and manage pumping systems for irrigation
- Interpret and apply irrigation designs
- Supervise irrigation system installations
- Ensure the correct operation, maintenance and servicing of all irrigation infrastructure and soil moisture monitoring equipment
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise irrigation maintenance
- Ensure the irrigation system is running efficiently and to design specifications to maximise vine performance
- Conduct all workplace tasks with Duxton Vineyards environmental & sustainability commitments front of mind, including ensuring compliance to any relevant environmental laws and compliance obligations
- A relevant AQF Certificate II and one-year relevant post qualification experience OR at least two years demonstrated experience.
- Experience with installation of irrigation or pumps and ideally emphasis on Irrigation system design parameters and application in the field
- Experience with servicing irrigation machinery with regard to pumps, electric motors and drip irrigation systems
- Previous experience in irrigation, survey, design, drafting and investigation parameters and also knowledge of relevant standards
- Mechanical aptitude and high level of computer literacy and familiarity with control systems and irrigation management software
Please apply via SEEK only
- Competitive salary
- Work Type:
- Full Time