Environmental Projects Lead
Dairy Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Environmental Projects Lead
About Dairy Australia
At Dairy Australia, our vision is to be a leader in shaping a profitable and sustainable dairy industry. We do this by providing services that collectively benefit and advance dairy farm businesses and the industry. This includes investment in research and innovation, learning and capability development, marketing, policy research, market insights, and trade development.
Our passionate and talented people share this vision and make an impact each day through their commitment to our values of:
- Farmer first - Farmer needs guide our purpose.
- One team - We work together to achieve great things.
- Innovative thinking - We embrace new ideas and learning as we go.
- Decisive action - We make informed decisions and move quickly to implement.
About the role
The Environmental Projects Lead will play a pivotal role in leading and managing a diverse portfolio of projects that align with Commitment Four of the Australian Dairy Industry Sustainability Framework, focusing on reducing environmental impact. This role is critical in ensuring that the Australian dairy industry maintains its global competitiveness and demonstrates a strong commitment to sustainability.
- Lead and manage the delivery of projects that support environmental outcomes under Commitment Four of the Sustainability Framework, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and meet quality standards.
- Collaborate with Dairy Australia's Design, Digital, and Communications teams to ensure project outcomes are effectively communicated to key stakeholders and presented online in a professional and accessible manner.
- Work closely with the Environment and Manufacturing Sustainability Manager, subject matter experts, and industry groups to identify and prioritize new projects for collective action.
- Seek external funding opportunities to support projects aligned with Commitment Four activities.
- Manage project initiation, contracting, progress reporting, and invoicing for projects of varying sizes.
- Maintain Salesforce stakeholder databases relevant to the projects.
- Administer the DMSC and sub-working groups, including those related to packaging and food waste.
- Support the annual data collection process from dairy manufacturers and other Commitment Four programs where applicable.
- Administer the Manufacturing Webinar Program.
Skills and Experience
- Technical expertise in a field relevant to environmental sustainability.
- Previous experience in project management and reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively manage cross-functional teams and multi-stakeholder collaborations.
- Australian residency or eligibility to legally work in Australia.
- Willingness to travel regionally, including overnight stays.
About your work life with us
- We aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. In joining our team, you will be rewarded with:
- Flexible working environment - a blended working environment (at our office in Southbank with our team, combined with at home/virtual and in the regional teams at times).
- Being a key member in our supportive and high performing team of experts in their field.
- A caring and innovative culture - we are open to each other’s ideas, we love to innovate, we have integrity and are driven to find the best solutions for our employees and stakeholders.
- Be part of a values driven Not-For-Profit organisation.
- Salary packaging.
If your motivations and skills set lines up to what you’ve read, please “Apply Now”
- VIC - Southbank
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science