Water Quality Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
Westernport Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
About Westernport Water
Westernport Water (WPW) leads through collaboration and innovation to deliver sustainable water and wastewater services that improve the health and liveability of our community.
WPW is responsible for servicing 21,916 customers from 27 townships across an area covering 300 square kilometres, encompassing Millowl (Phillip Island) and mainland communities from The Gurdies to Archies Creek.
The region has one of the highest ratios of visitors to residents of any destination in Australia. During peak periods, there can be approximately 120 visitors to every resident.
We offer our staff:
- A truly flexible working environment with a range of provisions to support work/life balance
- Unique opportunities for staff to develop capability and contribute to the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Innovative systems and processes for a safe and welcoming workplace, including a highly regarded wellbeing program
- A focus on positive culture and engaged employees in alignment with our values of ‘Care, Courage and Commitment’
About the Role
Ongoing, Full time - Band 5 ($74,137 to $94,261)
Water Quality Specialist will lead drinking water quality, water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning, dam safety and associated strategies, plans, and performance to ensure adherence to regulatory and technical standards.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in the delivery of drinking water quality management; water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning and dam safety;
- Provide assistance, technical support and expertise in drinking water quality, water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning and dam safety to the corporation and the wider community;
- Provide specialised advice on drinking water quality, water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning and dam safety and the development, maintenance and review of standard operating procedures and the Drinking Water Quality Management System ensuring the corporation meets its obligations under the Safe Drinking Water Act and Safe Drinking Water Regulations;
- Ensure water quality and risk management policy, procedures and sampling programs plans and databases are implemented and maintained to meet the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act and other regulatory requirements.
What you need
- The candidate is required to have a tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering (Process), Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering;
- Substantial experience in Environmental, Sustainability and Product management within the Water Industry;
Please respond to the following Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary Qualifications in Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering (process), Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- The ability to provide specialist advice in water quality, water catchment, water resource, integrated water planning and dam safety.
- Ability to ensure regulatory compliance through management of the corporations risk management plans to meet the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act 2003 and Safe Drinking Water Regulations 2015 and other relevant legislation.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated high level ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team to achieve team goals and targets.
- The ability to prepare complex written reports, strategies, policy and procedures, including analysis and monitoring of data and sampling results.
Applications close 6 February 2023
For a full position description or further information, contact the People, Culture & Safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Westernport Water is committed to building and maintaining a team of talented, enthusiastic people who foster a culture of inclusion and are as diverse as the community we serve. We celebrate and support differences in the workplace for the benefit of our employees and our community. We share a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. We offer reasonable adjustments for applicants with disabilities.
- Closing Date:
- 06 Feb 2023
- VIC - Newhaven
- $74,137 to $94,261
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Natural Resource Management