- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- $76 - $81K (pro rata) plus choice of 15.4% super
- Convenient CBD location in the heart of Melbourne or Sydney
- Contract Vacancy for approximately 4 Months (with possible extension)
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds, located across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, the ABC is proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality programming that informs, educates and entertains
About the Role
ABC Regional & Local is looking for a Horticultural Researcher to work on the current series of Gardening Australia. Working within the research team you will develop and deliver innovative gardening content for the 2020 season.
Gardening Australia provides practical, realistic, and credible horticultural and gardening advice, inspiring and entertaining all Australian gardeners around the nation. Presented by Australia's leading horticultural experts, Gardening Australia is a valuable resource to all gardeners through the television program, magazine, books and extensive online content.
This key role will see you:
- Identify and develop original story ideas with a high degree of creativity.
- Produce accurate and engaging briefing documents for producers.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the wider garden community and associated organisations.
- Ensure the factual accuracy of the program and associated social media content.
- Collaborate with the creative team to generate new content ideas and opportunities.
- Work to the TV program as well as the GA website and social media platforms.
- Work to very tight deadlines with energy and enthusiasm.
We are looking for a Horticultural Researcher with excellent writing skills and a strong eye for detail. To be a success in this role you will bring with you:
- High level research and writing skills for fast turn-around production.
- Demonstrated ability to identify accuracy of gardening and horticulture content.
- Experience in the generation, identification and suggestion of relevant content ideas and research relevant to gardening and horticulture.
- Proven ability to brief Producers & Presenters on story content and horticultural aspects of the program.
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A Horticulture or associated qualification specialising in identification skills (preferable).
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: 30004347 RESEARCHER.pdf
For further information on this position please contact Megan Oliver, Production Manager on (03) 8646 2829
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, Sunday 26 July
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
For more information on inclusive employee networks within the ABC please refer to ABC LinkedIn and Life Page