$70,406 - $81,571pa (plus super)
Permanent Full Time - Fortnightly RDO
PARKS, OPEN SPACE & HORTICULTURE PROFESSIONALS…………
The search for your dream job is over!
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a great team and put your own brand of enthusiasm and excellence into this new position to assist with the service delivery and beautification of the municipalities’ Park’s and Open Spaces
The Open Space Contracts Officer, working in the City of Greater Dandenong’s Parks Team, plays a key role in the auditing, management and delivery of parks maintenance and improvement programs in parks, gardens, civic spaces and other green spaces across the municipality
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide supervision and direction to Parks contractors regarding contract requirements,
- Perform compliance audits and regular monitoring on Parks contractors to ensure that service delivery is within council service standards, legislative and contract specification requirements, inclusive of administrative, quality, environmental and safety requirements
- Undertake maintenance quality audits on new park assets delivered from the Capital
- Improvement Projects and Subdivision Development programs
- Assist with the development of maintenance and planting programs for relevant sites, including appropriate plant selection and sourcing, in line with Council programs and policies,
A formal qualification (e.g. Certificate IV, Diploma or Degree) in addition to relevant experience, would be highly regarded.
Applicants must adequately meet the requirements of the role and fully address the selection criteria contained in the position description. To view a copy of this position description and to apply, please click on the link below.
You may be required to undertake practical testing, work preference profiling / psychometric testing, functional capacity assessment (physical) or aptitude testing.
Previous applicants who were unsuccessful for this position need not re-apply.
The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
We offer a range of benefits for staff including a friendly team environment, salary sacrificed child care (where available), discounted gym membership and a vibrant social club.
Further information: Jack Chittenden, 8571 1772
Applications close: 5pm, Friday, 27 September 2019