You will be required to control priority and environmental weeds on Council land. This will involve inspections on private land and land managed by other government agencies under the provisions of the NSW Biosecurity Act. You will also assist in the development and implementation of operational programs for the management of priority and environmental weeds in accordance with Council policies and strategies.
You will have:
- TAFE Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management, Agriculture, Bush Regeneration or Horticulture discipline;
- Current Chemcert or SmartTrain chemical user accreditation AQF 4;
- A current Class C manual driver’s licence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the strong ability to influence and negotiate outcomes;
- Demonstrated computer skills;
- Highly developed Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to perform work in accordance with quality standards and participate as a team member
Salary: commencing at $2296.62 gross per fortnight.
For further information contact: Dave Whiteman on (02) 4780 5343.
Closing date: 22 September 2019.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: It is preferred that you obtain the position description and information on how to apply from our website, www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au. Applications addressing the selection criteria, accompanied by a resume, references and copies of qualifications should be emailed to email@example.com prior to closing date. If you are unable to get access to a computer, hardcopy applications may be posted to Staff Applications, Blue Mountains City Council, Locked Bag 1005, KATOOMBA NSW 2780.