Rivers Project Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Marlborough District Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
About the Opportunity
Marlborough District Council is seeking a full-time Rivers Project Engineer to join their team in Blenheim.
Reporting to the Rivers & Drainage Engineering Manager, this role will see you primarily responsible for implementing an approved capital works program. This includes:
- Assisting with the planning and programming of rivers and drainage capital expenditure;
- Designing smaller scale projects;
- Managing projects from approval to completion, including consultant briefs and appointments, design, landowner and RMA approvals tendering, and contract award;
- Carrying out construction monitoring;
- Facilitating consultation with landowners, including land purchase or acquiring easements where appropriate and necessary;
- Preparing (or managing a consultant to prepare) resource consent applications; and
- Assisting with consultation with the community and interest groups.
Package & Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer to take on a new challenge and further their career within a thriving Council.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive base salary circa NZD $80,000 - $100,000 (negotiable commensurate with experience and qualifications) plus a range of benefits including:
- 5% super (matching employee contribution)
- 5 weeks' annual leave
- 10 days' sick leave
- Phone, laptop, and vehicle for work use
- Relocation assistance
- Accommodation assistance
- Health and income protection insurance
- Wellness program to support your health, wellbeing, and financial security
Council offices are modern and open plan, with the belief that this environment improves functionality and workflow, allowing for improved communication, productivity and effectiveness. The main office building is situated in the CBD, amongst cafés and shops. 30 seconds is all it takes to be in town meeting friends and family for lunch.
Not to mention, you'll be joining a close-knit team that regularly enjoy each other's company. The social club brings staff together in a collective atmosphere for Friday night drinks and other organised events, including mid-year and end of year celebrations.
In addition, MDC encourages professional development, ongoing training, and career progression. You will have the opportunity to take control of your own growth and skill enhancement, with Council support, including access to seminars and conferences.
The above are just some of the many amazing benefits of working for MDC - it's no wonder tenure is so high, with many employees having been on board for 25+ years!
For more information and to apply, please visit https://applynow.net.au/jobs/113734
- Closing Date:
- 28 Aug 2019
- International - Blenheim Road New Zealand
- NZD$80,000 - NZD$100,000 + super & benefits
- Work Type:
- Full Time