Senior Ecologist / Botanist - [Archived Advertisement]
Due to a growing workload of interesting projects RPS is looking to appoint a Senior Ecologist/ Botanist in our Sydney team. The role is Sydney based but will require travel throughout NSW.
Your role will include conducting and managing ecological assessments throughout NSW completing high quality reports on time and within budget. Ideally you will have experience applying the Biodiversity Assessment methodology (BAM).
- Tertiary qualifications in Ecology / Botany or related discipline
- Demonstrated 5-10 years’ experience in the consulting industry, preferably in NSW
- Strong flora and/or fauna species knowledge and identification skills
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to apply NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
- Experience in planning, coordinating and undertaking ecological surveys (flora and/or fauna) in the vegetation communities of NSW
- Understanding of a range of fauna and/or flora survey and identification techniques
- Well-developed written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in report writing
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel and conduct field work, potentially in remote areas
- A current manual driver’s licence
- NSW White Card (CIC)
- Senior First Aid certificate
- Biodiversity Assessment Methodology (BAM) accreditation or willingness to undertake training.
RPS defines, designs and manages Australia and Asia Pacific region’s most successful infrastructure, development and resources projects.
We are leaders, advocates, facilitators and advisors. We are leading minds, solving complexity.
RPS offers career progression opportunities as well as paid study leave + professional memberships + active life reimbursement + novated leases + anniversary leave + more.
Interested? Then please apply via this link today:
- Closing Date:
- 15 Mar 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time