Natural Resources Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Port Stephens Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Natural Resources Coordinator
Permanent full-time position, 35 hours per week
Located at Raymond Terrace between the beautiful Port Stephens Peninsula and Newcastle
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Natural Resources Coordinator to provide a high level of professional service to Council and the community with respect to environmental planning and management.
Working from a high level of understanding of relevant legislative requirements and experience in environmental impact assessment, for compliance and management you will provide expert level advice to Council. You will be responsible for providing high level advice and expertise in relation to environmental impact assessment, environmental compliance and environmental management for Council operations and reviewing biodiversity and environmental matters.
What you need:
- Relevant Degree in Environmental Resource Management, or Environmental Science, and relevant experience in this field.
- Demonstrated ability to positively lead, coach and develop staff so that they can achieve their full potential.
- Capacity to engage and motivate others using demonstrated skills in negotiation, influencing, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of relevant NSW Environmental legislation.
- Experience in environmental management systems, policy development and environmental impact assessment.
- Experience in selecting, supervising and managing contractors / consultants including undertaking tendering processes.
- Current Class C motor vehicle drivers licence.
TRP Range: $114,469 - $140,971 pa (includes 9.5% super + retention & motor vehicle allowance) + flexitime
If excellent career development opportunities and a great working environment are things you find attractive Council will provide an environment for you to flourish and further build your career. Take advantage of this opportunity to work for a large organisation that will help you achieve your goals.
Want to join our team?
If you feel you're up for the challenge, please submit your application online addressing how you meet the selection criteria and why you are suited for the role by midnight, Wednesday 16 January 2019.
Further information may be requested by contacting Linda Strachan, Strategy & Environment Projects Officer on 02 4988 0197.
- Closing Date:
- 16 Jan 2019
- $114,469 - $140,971 pa
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Impact Assessment