WHS Manager - Agriculture
Agricultural Appointments (View other jobs from this organisation)
Our client is a large horticulture company which specialises in potatoes and onions, with major cropping areas and processing and packing facilities throughout Australia. The company has farm production sites in the Riverland and Mallee regions of South Australia, and in the Central West of New South Wales. This business is thriving and is undergoing very strong growth in both domestic and international sales, and they continue to need outstanding people to underpin this expansion of operations and production.
The company requires an Work Health & Safety Manager to be responsible for the safety, training and operating procedure development at all of their farming operations in South Australia and New South Wales. The role reports to the Farm General Manager. This position is responsible for the risk management activities of the operations ensuring that assessments are conducted, reported and appropriate action taken to mitigate the risk in compliance with WHS legislation. Key requirements of the role are as follows:
- Implement, execute, maintain and continuously improve farm WHS management system ensuring its consistency across other sectors of the Company.
- Drive and influence the implementation of best practice WHS processes
- Provide timely and effective WHS advice to stakeholders across the farming sector
- Carry out WHS legislative compliance checks and auditing including hazard identification, risk assessment and control implementation
- Take a hands on approach to WHS improvement initiatives and actions
- Ensure that all operations have full compliance to relevant WHS legislation
- Research legislation, technical information ensuring it is up to date and readily available
This role requires the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in work, health and safety or similar
- In-depth knowledge of Food Safety Quality principles, procedures and regulations
- Experience in investigating workplace accidents and incidents
- Sound understanding of current Occupational Health, Safety legislation
- Demonstrated experience in internal auditing
- Demonstrated commitment to the continuous improvement process
- Thorough understanding of risk management principles and procedures
Remuneration and Location
There is an excellent salary package on offer to attract the right person for this role. The role is based in the Riverland region of South Australia.
Please apply online. Phone Dr. Ray Johnson, Senior Agribusiness Consultant and Managing Director on 0419012841 or email email@example.com for a confidential discussion on the role if required.
To keep informed about future roles, follow us on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/agricultural-appointments).
- Closing Date:
- 30 Oct 2018
- SA - Adelaide
- Excellent remuneration package
- Work Type:
- Full Time