Assistant Director, Environmental Assessments - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of the Environment and Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Assistant Director, Environmental Assessments
The Organisation & the Team
The Department of the Environment & Energy designs and implements Australian Government policy and programs to protect and conserve the environment, water and heritage, promote climate action, and provide adequate, reliable and affordable energy.
The Environmental Standards Division regulates projects and development proposals which might have significant impacts on the environment, and other matters of importance to the Australian Government such as national and Indigenous heritage.
The Role & Duties
The role includes supporting and coordinating the assessment of projects which might have significant impacts on the environment. You will consider development options, propose conditions on projects, and make recommendations to the Minister for the Environment on whether to approve projects.
You will help ensure that development is ecologically sustainable for the benefit of future generations of Australians.
The Ideal Candidates Skills & Experience
- Energetic, resilient and proactive and can manage pressure and competing priorities to get results.
- Able to lead analytical and impact assessment teams to review complex written material, consider options and make recommendations in high quality written form.
- Confident communicators, able to convey complex information clearly and succinctly to a range of audiences.
- To be eligible for any position in the Department you must be an Australian Citizen.
- You must undergo and satisfy a National Police History Check
The Department offers an attractive remuneration package, including salary, superannuation benefits and flexible working conditions appropriate to the level of the position. For further details, refer to the Enterprise Agreement at http://www.environment.gov.au/about-us/employment/enterprise-agreement-2016-2019
How to apply
- To apply visit the Department’s online recruitment system at:http://www.environment.gov.au/topics/about-us/employment
- Applications should consist of a 1 page statement of claims taking into consideration the duties and selection criteria to demonstrate your suitability for the role.
- An up-to-date resume including the contact details of two referees is required.
- Information for applicants with disabilities:www.environment.gov.au/about/jobs/applicants-with-disabilities.html
Applications close: 11.30pm (AEST) on Sunday, 4 August 2019.
The Department of Environment and Energy values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Aug 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- $105,817 - $113,814 per annum plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Impact Assessment
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 1