Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program – APS Level 4 Program Officer Position - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of the Environment and Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program – APS Level 4 Program Officer Position
The Organisation and the Team
The Department of the Environment and Energy designs and implements Australian Government policy and programs to protect and conserve the environment, water and heritage, promote climate action, and provide adequate, reliable and affordable energy.
Our small, dedicated Commercial Buildings Team sits within the Appliance and Building Energy Efficiency Branch and supports the development and improvement of the energy efficiency of appliances, buildings and equipment in Australia. We work to improve the energy performance of commercial buildings by developing and administering the CBD Program (www.cbd.gov.au), and working on other initiatives to inform international, national and Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Energy policy.
Your responsibilities will be focussed on the effective delivery of the CBD Program including day to day operations such as processing and issuing Building Energy Efficiency Certificates (BEECs), processing and issuing exemptions from the program’s disclosure obligations and managing CBD Accredited Assessors accredited under the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Act 2010 (the Act). The team also has daily interactions with CBD program stakeholders including CBD Accredited Assessors, property owners, real estate agents and industry associations.
If you’re good with data and numbers and have a friendly phone manner, we’d like to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidates Skills & Experience
- Regulatory programs
- Customer service and stakeholder relations
- Experience in and understanding of the property industry would be an advantage
- Relevant qualifications in sciences, engineering, environment, law or economics would be an advantage.
- To be eligible for any position in the Department you must be an Australian Citizen.
- Successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance.
The Department offers an attractive remuneration package, including salary, superannuation benefits and flexible working conditions appropriate to the level of the position. For further details, refer to the Enterprise Agreement at http://www.environment.gov.au/about-us/employment/enterprise-agreement-2016-2019
How to apply
- To apply visit the Department’s online recruitment system at: http://www.environment.gov.au/topics/about-us/employment
- Applications should consist of a 1 to 2 page statement of claims taking into consideration the duties and selection criteria to demonstrate your suitability for the role.
- An up-to-date resume including the contact details of two referees is required.
- Information for applicants with disabilities: www.environment.gov.au/about/jobs/applicants-with-disabilities.html
To obtain more information about the position please contact Ross McLennan on 02 6275 9534 or Ross.McLennan@environment.gov.au.
Applications close: 11.30pm (AEST) on Tuesday 21 May 2019.
The Department of the Environment and Energy values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
- Closing Date:
- 21 May 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- $65,873 - $71,714 plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 4