Policy/Technical/Communication Officers - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (View other jobs from this organisation)
About the team
The Energy Efficiency Division helps households and businesses to lower their energy bills, and delivers low cost emissions reductions, through energy efficiency. The Division also supports reliable, affordable, sustainable and secure operations of energy markets for Australians by supporting the development of pumped hydro electricity generation, monitoring costs and risks in the energy sector and advancing Australia's energy interests through international engagement. More information can be found at energy.gov.au.
Our ideal candidates
Our ideal candidates should be able to think creatively, communicate clearly and be able to build strong and trusting relationships with other federal and state government agencies and key external and internal stakeholders. Candidates will have the ability to:
- Understand, distil and explain technical information to inform policy development.
- Interpret detailed information within a larger policy framework.
- Engage with stakeholders to contribute to the development of solutions to complex problems.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Academic qualifications or experience, in engineering, economics, science, law, architecture, building rating or assessment tools, buildings or other energy policy would be highly desirable but not essential.
What you will do
Duties will vary in each position. For more information please contact the relevant team (listed below). Duties may include:
- Managing projects including conducting procurement processes, managing contracts, and engaging with stakeholders and other relevant government agencies and across the Department.
- Providing secretariat support for large consultation processes involving a wide range of industry, consumer and state/territory stakeholders.
- Providing quality, timely advice and responses to Departmental and Ministerial correspondence.
- Communications and marketing.
- Developing briefing for senior officials and ministers, including coordinating across and between agencies and stakeholders where necessary.
- Organising, facilitating and attending key bilateral and multilateral meetings (currently virtually) with our partners, stakeholders, other agencies and state/territory governments.
- Engaging with international counterparts to prepare for bilateral and multilateral meetings.
- Researching and obtaining technical advice to inform the development of policy, briefing or management of projects.
- Managing the ICT systems used in the Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) program and appliance energy efficiency programs including running ICT change management projects and annual system updates.
- Distilling and explaining technical information, and developing policy, related to residential and commercial buildings, appliances, equipment and lighting, and their associated rating and minimum performance schemes, such as the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS).
A wide range of positions will be available in the following teams:
Commercial Buildings Policy – firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial Buildings Program – email@example.com
GEMS Registration and Outreach – firstname.lastname@example.org
Residential Buildings and NatHERS Policy – kristal.Burry@industry.gov.au
National Energy Efficiency Policy and Analysis – email@example.com
International Energy – firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
These positions require a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill several ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 5 and APS Level 6 positions. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 5 and APS Level 6 vacancies should they become available within 12 months form the date advertised.
Applicants across all locations may be considered however it will be up to each team manager to determine how flexible an applicant’s location can be depending on the individual duties of the role.
Please click on Apply for this job to visit to our vacancies page for further information about these roles.
Applications close: 07 Feb 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
- Closing Date:
- 07 Feb 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Architecture, Design & Planning
Communications and Community Engagement
Consulting, Strategy & Planning
- APS Classification:
APS Level 5
APS Level 6