Research Team Leader - Northern Territory
Australian Institute of Marine Science' (View other jobs from this organisation)
Research Team Leader - Northern Territory
About this exciting opportunity
We are searching for an experienced senior scientist to provide strategic direction and leadership to the Northern Territory (NT) coastal and marine ecosystems team. Supporting the Research Program director in the delivery of Program 2 and AIMS-wide research objectives, you will be an effective leader who is able to foster an atmosphere of innovation, collaboration, creativity and excellence.
With a key organisational role in the delivery of science outcomes you will provide science leadership to a small multidisciplinary team, while also:
- Managing the project portfolio for the NT team
- Facilitating multidisciplinary projects and delivery of impactful outcomes
- Initiating, coordinating and undertaking innovative scientific research as a research leader
- Identifying new lines of research, and leading and supporting team members to deliver original, creative and innovative paths to research outcomes, uptake and impact
- Driving growth of the AIMS research in the Northern Territory by building business relationships with industry, government, research and Indigenous sectors
A highly experienced senior scientist, you will have achieved your PhD in a relevant environmental science discipline and have substantial post-doctoral research and leadership experience. You will be well known for your expertise in marine sciences, with success in business development to attract external research funding.
You will have excellent communication and team-building skills, fostering a collaborative and innovative team, as well as capability for building and fostering partnerships across a diverse range of stakeholders. Your experience managing project portfolios will ensure you are adapt at planning, budgeting, resource allocation and reporting needs.
Apply now and join a world leading organisation with attractive working conditions. In line with our Enterprise Agreement, the successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- AIMS AOF Level 7 salary ($149,883 to $167,524 per annum) plus 15.4% superannuation
- Full-time, 4-year Fixed Term opportunity
- Located in Darwin (Northern Territory)
- 9-day fortnight
- Flexible Work Arrangements considered (including tele-working where possible)
- Generous leave provisions
- Relocation assistance available
1. Non-Australian Citizens must hold an appropriate Visa with working entitlements that allows paid employment with AIMS for the term of the appointment, depending on the relevant Department of Home Affairs current policies.
2. AIMS strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Whilst it is not currently a mandatory requirement for this role, AIMS reserves the right to review its position and policy on mandatory vaccinations. It may therefore become a mandatory requirement for this role in the future.
Further information about this exciting and challenging opportunity is outlined in the Candidate Information Pack which is available to download below. If, after reviewing the position description, which is included in the Candidate Information Pack, you believe that your qualifications, experience and professional capabilities will enable you to successfully the deliver the position responsibilities, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Below you will also find a link to our Recruitment Application Guide which details the necessity to submit your statements addressing your suitability against the selection criteria within the scope of the position description, which are detailed in the Candidate Information Pack.
Submitting your application:
Please ensure that you have your completed documents (selection criteria responses, resume and cover letter) ready to attach to your online application form via our e-recruitment system which can be accessed via the "apply now" button below.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to complete a personal outlook analysis questionnaire using the Birkman Method.
Position enquiries are to be directed to Dr Claire Streten, Research Program Director at C.Streten@aims.gov.au
Applications close: THURSDAY, 29 JUNE 2023 (midnight, AEST).
- Closing Date:
- 29 Jun 2023
- NT - Darwin
- $149,883 to $167,524 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science