Technical Vegetation Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Technical Vegetation Coordinator
Level 4 Zone B
$116,738 + 15% Superannuation
We are looking for a motivated and inspiring leader to join our Vegetation team at Evoenergy.
As a key resource in leading the Vegetation team and program, you will oversee the vegetation works plan development, implementation and reporting pf performance. You will ensure that Evoenergy works meet regulatory requirements, contribute to network reliability targets and community safety is managed.
Does this sound like you? Then, we would love to hear from you!
Evoenergy is the electricity Distribution Network Service Provider for the ACT and we are responsible for operating and maintaining the electricity network. The Vegetation team falls under the Works Delivery branch who are responsible for the scheduling and delivery of a range of work activities which ensure the daily and ongoing efficient functioning of our city's electrical network.
At Evoenergy, we are committed to providing safe and reliable services to our city and surroundings. Investing in our people, technology and other innovations, is at the forefront of our minds to provide solutions to meet the needs of our consumers now and into the future.
What can we offer you?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, flexible working arrangements, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
What will I be responsible for?
- Develop, document, approval and implement a Vegetation Management Works Plan (Bushfire and Environment) that delivers Evoenergy’s regulatory requirements for vegetation management
- Lead detailed consultation of works plans and vegetation methodologies with key stakeholders, government agencies and communities interest groups
- Manage works plan updates and publication of works plan and associated documents related to vegetation management
- Develop and implement compliance audit schedules and reporting regime
- Develop a strategic vegetation management plan to enhance network reliability and enhance public safety
- Accountable for revenue streams, cost recovery and associated profit margins for the vegetation product line of around 3.5 million dollars
- Facilitating workshops and delivering training, education and information relating to specific vegetation topics
We encourage applicants with the following:
- Degree in Environmental Science/Management or Natural Resources or Land Management
- Recognised auditing qualification, project management qualification and competence in all areas of project Financial Management or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience in writing and implementing procedures through management and oversight of large service contracts / contractors
- Proven experience in understanding, interpreting and advising on environmental regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in the application of risk management principles
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver environmental and/or vegetation related workshops and training
- Shown experience and competence using Microsoft office software applications, mobile devices and flexibility to adapt and/or learn new IT platforms
Do you care about your customers and exhibit passion through your work?
Then apply today to join us in delivering innovative, safety focused and performance driven energy solutions for our city.
How can I apply?
We encourage you to apply through our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role.
Applications are closing on the 20 April 2018, so don't forget! If you would like to get in touch or learn more about the role, please contact Mark Trainor on (02) 6293 5875.
Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Apr 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science