Senior Building Physics Consultant, Sydney - [Archived Advertisement]
About the Role
Building Physics is an opportunity to engage in the design process and to manage performance, aesthetic and procurement expectations. Our Sydney office is now looking for a driven and technical team player to join in an exciting leadership position as Senior Building Physics Consultant.
In this position, you will lead, build and mentor a small team of engineers who analyse, report, model and document projects. In tandem with this, you will continue to advise from a consultancy perspective with superior technical skills and commercial acumen. The role includes client presentations, evaluation and reporting in addition to client management and business development.
What will you bring to the role?
- A comprehensive understanding of the National Construction Code (NCC) Section J Energy building services design and strategies
- Experience of successfully leading teams on complex projects
- A recognised qualification in engineering (preferably physics, mechanical or renewables)
- Significant relevant industry experience
- The ability to liaise with clients of varying backgrounds
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- Eye for quality
- Desire to improve the built environment
Relevant industry accreditation of one or more of the following:
- Certified Passive House Designer
- Green Star Accredited Professional
- WELL Accredited Professional
- NABERS Assessor
- Applicable NatHERS accreditation (FirstRate, Accurate or BERSPro as applicable) or BASIX accreditation
Technical abilities in all or most of the following:
- IES, Design Building or other building simulation software
- Therm, Optics and Window
- WUFI Pro, 2d or Plus
- Accurate or First Rate
- Rhino and Grasshopper
- Ansys Fluent
This role is based in Sydney and has strong collaboration with the Melbourne and Brisbane teams.
Other positions are available in our Melbourne and Brisbane offices for the right candidates. If you are interested in other potential roles and can show a strong skill set in the above, please get in touch.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to upload your CV and Cover Letter.
We would like to thank all the candidates for their interest, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please no agencies
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time