Strategic Asset Planner - Parramatta - [Archived Advertisement]
Who we are
We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
Your new role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and dedicated team. As Strategic Asset Planner, you will pro-actively investigate, develop and propose infrastructure and operating solutions to address identified bulk water supply system deficiencies or opportunities, together with the long term strategic development for our existing assets.
What will you bring?
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Science, Economics, or other tertiary qualifications and experience deemed appropriate.
- Experience in multi-criteria analysis, evaluation and assessment to meet business objectives relating to Infrastructure assets.
- Demonstrated high level of skills in planning and producing long-term strategies, policies, plans and procedures in a total asset management environment, or other appropriate setting.
- High level research skills to identify alternatives and update knowledge of best practice tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical and strategic concepts to a variety of audiences, using both written and verbal techniques.
Experience that will be viewed favourably but is not mandatory:
- Knowledge and experience in river system management, planning, and legislative requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of the economic relationship between water availability, pricing and rural water demand (e.g. agricultural, urban water, stock and domestic water, etc)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret complex information and make sound judgements using evidence based techniques
- Demonstrated experience in leading project teams to deliver tasks within critical timeframes.
We will provide you an attractive remuneration package and all the tools you need to do your role as well as ongoing support and career development.
For further information on the role please call Karolina Brimbecom on 0459 876 806
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident to be eligible to apply.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and where applicable a Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
To apply please visit our careers page www.waternsw.com.au and complete your personal details and submit your cover letter and resume.
Applications close: Sunday, 29 April 2018
- Closing Date:
- 29 Apr 2018
- NSW - Parramatta
- Work Type:
- Full Time