Senior Asset Strategy Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Who is TasWater?
TasWater's vision is to be 'a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania'. We believe that our vision is about building trust and respect with our colleagues and customers. We do this by living our values and behaviours and making these the foundation of the way we work each and every day, as the sole provider of water and sewerage services to businesses and homes across the state.
As the Senior Engineer Asset Strategy you will develop water and sewerage asset and system strategies that balance the short-term and long-term needs of TasWater. This will be achieved through linking corporate objectives with Asset Management Policies and our Strategic Asset Management Plan, balancing customer service levels with asset life cycle cost and residual operational risk.
Your responsibilities will include;
- The development of Growth and Capacity Plans that identify risks related to the capacity of TasWater’s water and sewerage systems due to projected growth
- The development of Strategic Masterplans that balance short term and long term investment needs relating to the maintenance, renewal and capacity requirements of TasWater’s water and sewerage infrastructure
- The production of inputs to the rolling 20 year Long Term Strategic Plan that forecasts the expenditure required to deliver outcomes in the Corporate Plan
- Produce policies, guidelines and analysis to improve asset investment planning and management
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Asset Management System to improve asset management practices in line with ISO 55001
Who are you?
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated significant practical experience in contemporary asset management, preferably within the water industry, developing strategies and plans that balance performance, cost and risk to customer service levels
- Demonstrated water and wastewater engineering knowledge and experience in the water utility sector or similar
- Demonstrated experience in developing asset management frameworks and systems (ISO 55000 series or similar) (desirable)
- Demonstrated high-level design and cost estimation experience related to a wide-range of water and sewerage assets (desirable)
- Demonstrated project management experience, including management of internal and external resources and stakeholders (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in the assessment of water system supply security (desirable)
Why join the TasWater Team?
At TasWater we look for highly talented and motivated people whose values align with our own. We believe in promoting a culture that encourages productive behaviours and gives our team members an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable future.
It is our people who play an integral role in helping TasWater achieve our vision of a sustainable water future. TasWater encourages our people to take part in comprehensive training and career development with an emphasis on innovative thinking. We understand that a work life balance in today's climate is important and consider health and safety to be our number one priority
How to Apply?
Visit our website www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers, download a copy of the position description and review the selection criteria against your skills and experience.
Attach your covering letter, addressed selection criteria and a copy of your resume and email to email@example.com.
For further information about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application close 12 noon on 24 January 2018.
- Closing Date:
- 24 Jan 2018
- $94,860 - $106,473 (includes super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time