Senior Engineer - Sewerage System Optimisation - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Engineer – Sewerage System Optimisation
- Relocate to beautiful Tasmania!
- Career growth opportunity with an iconic Tasmanian state-wide employer
- Excellent remuneration with possible relocation assistance
**Based in Tasmania**
As the Senior Engineer of Sewerage System Optimisation, you will be responsible for achieving change improvement in the compliance of sewerage systems by identifying performance risks and required controls related to all TasWater sewerage systems. You will achieve this by identifying and facilitating the implementation of capital and operational changes to improve system performance.
Your Key Accountabilities
The Senior Engineer (SSO) will be responsible for;
- Providing engineering analysis to optimise TasWaters’ operation of sewerage systems with regard to reliability, safety of supply, quality and cost
- Providing engineering analysis to review and assess sewerage systems and identify risks and controls to improve compliance
- Identify and prioritise remedial and improvement actions for sewerage systems relating to either operational control, partial operation and capital works, or full capital works requirement to meet the objectives
- Develop tools for monitoring and reviewing sewerage systems performance during normal and challenging circumstances to improve sewerage system performance
Who are you?
To be successful in this role you must bring;
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering or demonstrated relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of sewerage systems such as collection systems, wastewater treatment processes and discharge/reuse
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with staff to achieve improved process outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to set process related targets and identify capital and operational improvements to meet these targets
Who Is TasWater?
TasWater's vision is to be 'a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania'. We believe that our vision is about building trust and respect with our colleagues and customers. As the sole provider of water and sewerage services to businesses and homes across the state we do this by living our values and behaviours and making these the foundation of the way we work each and every day.
Why join the TasWater Team?
At TasWater we look for highly talented and motivated people whose values align with our own. We believe in promoting a culture that encourages productive behaviours and gives our team members an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable future.
It is our people who play an integral role in helping TasWater achieve our vision of a sustainable water future. TasWater encourages our people to take part in comprehensive training and career development with an emphasis on innovative thinking. We understand that a work life balance in today’s climate is important and offer flexible working arrangements and consider health and safety to be our number one priority.
For further information about this role please contact email@example.com or visit our website for a copy of the position description www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers
Please include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description in your application.
Applications close 12 pm on 13 December 2017.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Dec 2017
- TAS - Launceston
- $94,860 - $106,473 (includes super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- Senior Executive (Specialist) Band 1