Bring your leadership skills to help shape our city of the future
127,641 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Team Leader Urban Forest and Ecology you will initiate, manage and monitor the implementation of the Urban Forest Strategy and Nature in the City Strategies. You will be responsible for applying the Tree Retention and Removal Policy, the replacement and diversification of the City’s tree population through the Urban Forest Precinct Plans and the development and growth of the Urban Forest Fund.
Within this role, you will be required to manage the development, implementation and review of urban forest and ecology management practices and initiate and propose new projects as required. In doing so, you will analyse risk, situations and problems and develop timely, innovative and effective responses to these. You will liaise with multiple branches and staff at senior levels to build cross organisation involvement and partnerships in delivery of key strategies, policies and implementation plans.
Strong communication, relationship building and partnership skills will be required to be successful in this role.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence. This includes a personal commitment to ensuring the team embraces EO and diversity principles.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team.
- Extensive experience in policy and strategy development, implementation and evaluation.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in environment, science, public policy, or business related field.
- High level written and oral communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Proven community engagement skills.
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex problems and projects requiring conceptual capacity and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships and networks, and ability to represent Council in external forums.
- Highly developed project management skills with the ability to develop project briefs and specifications and effectively manage contracts and consultants.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please follow the link below to apply via our Careers Page.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 24 January 2020
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.