We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water, and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential water infrastructure.
We are currently seeking an Undergraduate Engineer to join the program for a 6-month term. This is a paid opportunity working over a 9-day fortnight or agreed days per week.
You will primarily be responsible in providing a broad range of asset management and engineering support in undertaking investigations, analyses, and data transformation to deliver engineering solutions in Asset Management and Maintenance Management fields.
As an undergraduate you will be mentored and supported in the following:
- Provision of technical input to engineering and asset management
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to assist with information gathering and exchange to ensure well informed decisions are made.
- Perform investigations and research to meet specific organisational needs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of engineering specifications and the analysis and solution of engineering problems.
- Work collaboratively and share knowledge across the business unit and the wider organisation to meet team organisational objectives.
- Undergraduate currently studying a relevant Engineering degree
- An ability to be resourceful and innovative
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret complex information and make sound judgments
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to professionals and project team members, and to provide reports
- A strong sense of commitment and a willingness to learn
What we are offering
- Ongoing mentoring and development
- Be part of a successful and growing organisation
- Join a great team and culture
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including national police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: email@example.com and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position is open to current undergraduate students.
Applications close 3rd of October 2022.