We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Environmental Adviser to join the to join the Safety, People & Culture team reporting to the Environmental Services Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing and reviewing environmental assessments and providing recommendations to the project to ensure compliance with relevant environmental statutory requirements and guidelines.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Provide timely and accurate specialist environmental advice to WaterNSW staff, local government and community
- Contribute to the articulation of WaterNSW positions on key policy matters and assists in their development
- Work collaboratively with Project Manager(s) and consultants to obtain the necessary planning and environmental approvals
- Project manage key suppliers to deliver the scope within approved time frames and budget
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Degree in environmental management/engineering/planning, Natural Resource Management or related discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 as it relates to the assessment of infrastructure projects and activities.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience in environmental impact assessment or environmental management in relation to infrastructure.
- Experience in undertaking environmental site inspection and/or environmental audits.
- Strong working knowledge of the planning system, environmental law and regulatory requirements in NSW and key issues in relation to water supply infrastructure.
- Previous experience in working and consulting with stakeholders and regulatory authorities required for planning approvals with excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Current NSW drivers license
- Attractive remuneration package, including performance bonus
- A flexible, family friendly workplace
- Diverse and supportive team environment
- Excellent opportunity to grow in a high profile organisation and role
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 25 August 2022.