We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Project Manager to manage the planning and delivery of a portfolio of complex and/or high risk, high value projects to meet time, cost and quality objectives using WaterNSW’s project delivery framework and tools. You will also support and mentor other Project Managers, share knowledge and expertise to support them in delivering their projects and increasing the overall skill base of the team. The role will also involve support to the Project Delivery Manager to meet team objectives.
You will control project performance through monitoring all aspects of project delivery and proactively managing situations that could impact on project outcomes. Provide accurate forecasts, regular and timely reporting on project parameters including progress against project plan, risks and issues and on project performance. Ensure internal and external resources are effectively briefed, available and engaged in a timely manner.
You will bring:
- Tertiary Qualification in Project Management or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in Project Management
- Proven experience in delivering a portfolio of asset dominant projects (preferably from a client perspective) and/or delivery of standalone complex, high risk or large projects valued in excess of $20m meeting time, quality and cost targets. Noting that WaterNSW core asset base is diverse and ranges from dams, water regulating structures, bridges, roads, canals, embankments, buildings and other assets
- Ability to identify, assess and proactively manage various project risks across the project lifecycle
- Leads and engages others in all aspects of the change process aligned to delivery of new assets or systems
- Understanding of regulatory and planning requirements as they relate to the delivery of capital projects
- Experience in successfully managing contracts, consultant engagements and construction contractors to efficiently and effectively deliver desired outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge of and practical application of PMBOK or Prince 2 methodologies
- Proven ability to manage a range of different stakeholders and their potentially conflicting needs to obtain agreement on actions and outcomes
- Strong commercial acumen to identify benefits, opportunities and trade-offs to be made when formulating and executing business cases, project plans and contract management and negotiations
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with a demonstrable track record of achieving beneficial outcomes for the business
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- 9 day fortnight
- Base office in Parramatta NSW with flexible work arrangements available
- Diverse and supportive team environment
- Excellent chance to grow in a high profile organisation and role
We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description .Queries can be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 1st June 2022