We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
At WaterNSW our goal is to ensure we go above and beyond our customers’ expectations. We supply and seek to improve availability of water that is essential for water users and the communities throughout NSW. We do this by providing efficient and timely services to customers for water licences and approvals for surface water and groundwater.
We are currently looking for a Licensing Operations Team Leader to join our busy team on a 3 month term basis to 31st May 2022.
The Licensing Team Leader is responsible for leading the team to deliver exceptional customer service through the provision of accurate, timely and consistent assessment and approval services whilst maintaining compliance with legislation and regulatory guidelines and excellence in safety
- Provide clear knowledge, advice and coaching to licensing operations team to ensure quality outcomes as required by the regulatory framework that ensures WaterNSW always remains compliant
- Monitor systems and processes to ensure new ways of working and escalations point are adhered to; maintaining quality, accuracy and completeness..
- Undertake day to day leadership activities to ensure the Water regulation team have clear expectations, metrics, guidelines and support to enable effective performance.
- Lead a regionally dispersed licensing operations team and customer base whilst ensuring focus remains on A&A as ‘one team’
- Supporting team members through change in a complex and regulated environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a busy team environment, that includes both office & and remote working
- Be flexible to adapt to an everchanging environment
- Intra state travel for team collaborations (no site visits) and will be required to attend their local office.
- NSW Driver's Licence
- A flexible, family friendly workplace
- We will ensure you have all the tools and support you need to do your job
- Excellent opportunity to grow in a high profile organisation and role
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 7th February 2022.