- 2 positions – Permanent, Full time & 2 years Term role.
- Flexible work location - within NSW
- 9 day fortnight, Hybrid approach – work from home & office
- Diverse and supportive team environment
We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. ?We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.?
We are looking for 2 - Spatial Data Scientists to join our Water & Catchment Protection team, the purpose of this role is to provide spatial scientific expertise to deliver spatial programs to agreed outputs on time, within budget and put safety first.
- Prepare spatial products and reports using a complex array of spatial scientific data, environmental information and science outputs to ensure the delivery of outcomes for assigned projects.
- Ensure spatial scientific work undertaken on behalf of WaterNSW is appropriately designed and implemented
- Investigates and interprets scientific literature and research findings to provide sound advice in spatial sciences to inform policy and operational decisions.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a complementary field (such as Spatial Science, GIS, Computing Engineering, Water Resources, Environmental Science or Data Analytics)
- Experience with ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Online and other ESRI platforms
- Experience working with or developing spatial datasets
- Experience with research, spatial modelling and data analysis
- Interest in water resources and modelling, imagery and remote sensing, visualisations, interface design and user experience.
- High level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Experience with ArcGIS Portal and configuration of web apps including spatial dashboards and other data visualisation tools – Favourable
- Experience with programming languages for scripting spatial functions - Favourable
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 7th February 2022