We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
As the learning and Development coordinator you will be part of a supportive and collaborative People Programs and Capability Team who is committed to supporting development across the organisation.
In the role you will:
- Contribute to learning and development activities, including administrative support, coordinating, and scheduling across a wide range of people programs including leadership development and safety training.
- Work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to support quality training outcomes.
- Produce and maintain accurate records of learning and development for training and compliance requirements (e.g. audits, incident investigations etc).
- Undertake training administration activities for the organisation including course administration using WaterNSW Learning Management system
- Coordinate and facilitate program review and feedback on a wide range of learning activities.
- Undertake reporting activities to provide quality insights and support compliance across the business.
- Provide information and advice to the business on training requirements and programs.
- Collaborate with the people programs and capability team on continuous improvement opportunities.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have great organisational skills, self-driven, resourceful, and motivated.
- Reliability and ability to thrive and grow in a team-based environment and culture
- Be detail oriented with high level of accuracy & comfortable working with data to provide quality insights.
- Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with exceptional organisation and planning skills to ensure a quality customer experience.
- Have a working knowledge of adult learning principles, being able to articulate what contributes to a quality learning experience.
- Be an excellent and confident communicator with the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Have exceptional MS Excel skill with experience working in learning management systems being advantageous.
- Work collaboratively in a team – training, coaching, and mentoring will be provided.
- 2-year term role
- Workplace flexibility with the ability to work from home
- Flexible work location - within NSW
- Access to flex time
- Diverse and supportive team environment
This is a unique opportunity to work in an organization that values and embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring that its employees reflect the NSW community it serves.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description and queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 10th of December 2021.