We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are currently looking for a Project Delivery Manager to join our Assets Team, the key role is to build and manage a high-performance team of Project Managers or Project Engineers to ensure the successful delivery of asset projects within the portfolio whilst putting safety first.
- Manage deployment of project management and project engineering resources to provide timely and efficient project delivery across the portfolio.
- Ensure projects are being delivered efficiently and in accordance with the project delivery framework.
- Ensure team members are trained in, competent and using corporate processes, systems and templates for the management of their projects.
- Coach, mentor and enhance the skills and capability of the team in order to be more proficient and productive.
- Develop effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and address project performance issues and implement recovery options.
- Lead continuous improvement programs and upskilling including amongst contractors.
We are looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management, or relevant Engineering discipline or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience in project management (preferably in asset based projects)
- Experience in leading a team of technical staff, providing coaching and mentoring to aid their development and to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Proven experience engaging with key internal and external stakeholders to identify needs, address issues and ensure objectives are understood and met
- Demonstrated background in planning work and deploying resources to deliver business goals.
- Experience in successfully leading and engaging teams in all aspects of change
- Experience in negotiating and influencing outcomes including successful management of contractual disputes
- Demonstrated knowledge of PMBOK or Prince 2 methodologies will be advantageous
- Current NSW driver’s Licence
We will provide you a competitive remuneration package in line with market rates and all the tools you need to do your role as well as ongoing support. This is a Full-time, permanent opportunity with some travel required.
This is a unique opportunity to work in an organization that values and embraces diversity, and is committed to ensuring that its employees reflect the NSW community it serves. At WaterNSW we also endeavor to promote flexible ways to work.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check, qualification check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description .Queries may be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 8 December 2021