- Work with a dynamic and passionate team
- The opportunity to work in an organisation that values and embraces diversity, and that is committed to ensuring that its employees reflect the NSW community it serves
- Permanent Role
We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are looking for a River Operations Officer to join our System Operations Team at our Deniliquin or Leeton location.
In this position you will work as part of a team in planning, executing and monitoring water operations to deliver water to our customers and the environment. You will also develop and implement seasonal water operations plans and provide regular water operations reports to stakeholders.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in a safe manner and with a focus on safety as a key priority.
- Implement daily system operations to meet customer needs and business performance indicators for both quality and quantity outcomes
- Operate or direct the operation of water infrastructure in line with operating protocols to maximise the efficient and continuous delivery of water to customers including during droughts
- Operate and direct the operations of water infrastructure during significant inflow events in line with approved operating protocols
You will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent level of operational experience
- Knowledge and understanding of operations in bulk water supply or a strong willingness to learn would be beneficial
- A strong focus on providing value to customers
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- A current NSW driver’s license
- Strong communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
Please note - In your application/ cover letter please address: Why and how is water and it’s management important to you?
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications close 4th October 2021.