Water Quality Officer
- Starting salary of $94,396 plus 15% super
- Be part of a dynamic and professional team
- Full-time position
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants, and water and sewerage pumping stations to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the community for 100 years.
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and of all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Icon Water’s Process Compliance team are looking for a well organised, collaborative and detail-orientated Water Quality compliance officer to join the team.
From your utility experience you will draw on your strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with your high attention to detail, to assist in critical decision-making which ensures the delivery of safe, efficient, and reliable water and sewerage services to the people of Canberra.
With your experience in data analysis, technical reporting writing and support of compliance activities, you will ensure the supply of water and sewerage services are in accordance with the necessary legislation and guidelines to protect public health.
Your day will consist of:
- Assisting in the management of the water quality and sewerage monitoring and compliance programs for the delivery of safe water and sewerage services. Such a analysing data, assessing compliance, frequent liaison with our primary service contractor to ensure management of the services
- Collaborating with the team in the development, implementation, and review of Quality Management Systems (such as work instructions, procedures, risk assessments and task methods) related to the safe delivery of potable water and sewerage systems
- Preparing specialised technical advice on quality and compliance issues through interpreting the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (2011) and other regulations
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and contractors to assist with investigations and projects related to water and sewerage systems supply
To be successful for this role, you will need:
- Tertiary Relevant qualifications in Engineering or Science, Engineering, or in a relevant related field
- Experience in an operational role within a water utility, industry or analytical laboratory
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and application of the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and/or, HACCP. An understanding of related Legislation such as Environment Protection Act 1997, Water and Sewerage Act 2000, the Public Health Act 1997 are an advantage.
- Demonstrated applications in data analysis and interpreting results to prepare technical reports for varying audiences
- The ability to engage and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders from various disciplines as well as customers
If you have these skills, we would love to hear from you!
How can I apply?
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter through our internal portal outlining the skills and experience relevant to the ‘to be successful for this role’ section.
Applications for this role will close 02 June 2023.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Lara Odell, Team Leader Compliance and Process Operations on 0406 379 995. For assistant on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.