Water Quality Engineer (permanent, full-time) - [Archived Advertisement]
Rous County Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Quality Engineer (permanent, full-time)
A focus for this role is to manage council's Drinking Water Quality Management System (DWMS) in accordance with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG) including water quality monitoring programs to ensure drinking water quality delivered to customers is of the highest standard.
About Rous County Council
Rous County Council is situated in Lismore, the heart of the Northern Rivers with an operational footprint covering 3,000km2. As a county council, we are responsible for providing three specific functions; bulk water supply, weed biosecurity and flood mitigation.
Our value proposition to you:
- A progressive and innovative organisation which supports work/life balance
- Supportive environment for career development
- Ongoing learning and training
- Employee assistance support
- Flexible working arrangements
- 70 hour 9-day fortnight
- Remuneration from $83,662 p.a. Entry level - $97,869 p.a. SS4 (plus statutory superannuation)
Your value proposition to us:
- Working collaboratively and inclusively is your style
- Taking a lead in business improvement is innate in your character
- You will be known for your excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You flex your high level analytical and technical skills repeatedly.
Your average workday will be kept busy by:
- Driving the creation of data management and analysis tools to manage council’s Drinking Water Management System to ensure accuracy and ease of reporting.
- Preparing briefs, specifications and commercial documentation for the letting of quotations and tenders (eg external laboratory services and various operational programs)
- Reviewing data and articulating risks to the business, providing technical input to support water quality compliance with the ADWG and collating data and preparing monthly statistical and written reports for internal and external stakeholders.
Are you ready to catapult your career?
To apply, visit www.rous.nsw.gov.au/careers
For the selection criteria and more information about the position, view the position description.
To be considered for the position, it is mandatory that you submit your resume and upload a document that answers the selection criteria.
A satisfactory health assessment, including drug screening and a national police history check is a pre-requisite to an offer of employment. Helpful resources to assist in answering selection criteria can be found on the Careers page.
Note: Location subject to change as Council prepares to relocate, by 2024, some work sites to new premises at Gallans Rd, Ballina NSW 2478.
Applications close 11:59pm 12th December 2022
Rous County Council is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and diversity across our workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Dec 2022
- NSW - Ballina
- $83,662 p.a - $97,869 p.a. + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time