About Australian Turf Club
Australian Turf Club operates Sydney’s four racecourses; Royal Randwick, Warwick Farm, Rosehill Gardens and Canterbury Park. We provide world-class Thoroughbred racing all year round with Autumn and Spring Carnivals being our pinnacle showcase times for fashion, social and racing. When we aren’t racing we are a renowned award winning culinary, events and entertainment venue.
At Australian Turf Club ‘The Heart of Sydney Racing’ we believe our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who are true team players, customer focused and thrive on meeting challenges. In return you will be rewarded with a unique, diverse and exciting employment experience.
The HSEQ Systems Developer will be responsible for developing the continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the HSEQ management system. Integral to the role is an ability to ensuring compliance with relevant organisational requirements and legislation and identify opportunities to improve the HSEQ management system.
The position supports the ongoing implementation, maintenance and improvement of an integrated management system. You will be responsible for promoting continuous improvement in HSE systems, and ensuring compliance with relevant organisational requirements and legislation.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Management & ongoing development of the HSE MS in consultations with stakeholders,
- Develop educational materials such as training modules, work instructions, alerts and Toolbox talks,
- Keeping up to date with developments in legislation, standards and codes of practice and integrating these with the system,
- Maintaining good governance of the HSE MS system balanced by the need for practical application and implementation of the system with the front line,
- Manage performance measurements and collate safety metrics on a monthly basis,
- Manage the Contractor Management system and all process for contractor management,
- Manage the Incident Reporting system and facilitate the end to end user responsibilities,
- Delivering evidence based HSEQ standards and making certain that contemporary risks & regulatory frameworks are in place
- Develop Risk Management documents and review critical risk control measures.
You will have:
- In addition to a minimum of 5 years’ experience developing HSEQ Management Systems you will have a high level of knowledge & understanding in ISO standards
- Have the ability to research and interpret compliance requirements and be competent in systems development.
- Qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a HSEQ manager role or similar
- Ability to build strong working relationships with managers and operators
- Ability to work independently to organise & prioritise tasks
- knowledge of key risk assessment techniques and risk management systems (AS31000)
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through
- Responsible for ensuring governance processes are implemented to assist Management
- Actively implement, review and improve the Corporate HSE management system
What we are offering…
- An opportunity to work with a product offering like no other
- Exposure to a fast paced team environment
- Opportunities to give back through participation in our community engagement volunteering program
- Staff Rewards and incentives – complimentary Race Day Member passes, discounts at major retailers and team social events
Applications close 30 July 2019