Your ticket to a winning career
Australian Turf Club operates Sydney’s four racecourses; Royal Randwick, Warwick Farm, Rosehill Gardens and Canterbury Park, ATC also operates Rosehill Bowling Club. We provide world-class Thoroughbred racing all year round with Autumn and Spring Carnivals being our pinnacle showcase times for fashion, social and racing. When we aren’t racing we are a renowned award winning culinary, events and entertainment venue.
At Australian Turf Club ‘The Heart of Sydney Racing’ we believe our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who are true team players, customer focused and thrive on meeting challenges. In return you will be rewarded with a unique, diverse and exciting employment experience.
Primarily based at Randwick Racecourse and reporting to the General Manager - Health Safety Environment (HSE) you will be responsible for ensuring effective policies, procedures, systems and services are in place and assist in providing the highest level of HSE awareness, incident investigation, and rehabilitation across the business.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Implementation of the HSE MS
- Partnering with business units and sites to deliver pre-event workplace inspections, HSE initiatives, and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring all compliance, legislation and HSE requirements are met and support the business needs.
- Ensuring health, safety and environment information and records are entered, maintained and appropriately filed on databases and systems.
- Supporting the development and implementation of new HSE programs and training initiatives.
- Identify training needs and facilitate HSE training as required.
- Developing, documenting and maintaining Safe Operating Procedures.
- Implementing and executing HSE meetings, workplace audits, workplace inspections, hazard / near miss reporting and risk assessments.
- Conducting incident investigations using root cause analysis.
- Previous experience in the use of safety and quality systems is preferred.
- Return to Work / Workers Compensation experience essential.
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, which are used to form strong relationships with operational managers and leaders in the business.
- Sound generalist safety skills giving you the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Broad HSE knowledge, including investigations, risk management and auditing.
- Relevant safety qualifications - Driver's license is a must.
- Previous exposure to working for multi sites and diverse organisations will be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrate resilience and flexibility, with exceptional written and verbal communication to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships and strong negotiation skills is essential to be successful in this role.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work in an award winning events venue with a product offering like no other.
- Exposure to a fast paced team environment.
- Opportunities to give back through participation in our community engagement volunteering program.
- Staff Rewards and incentives – complimentary Race Day Member passes, discounts at major retailers and team social events.
- Free onsite staff parking.
Applications close 30 July 2019