Sustainability Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Wyndham City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Drive environmentally sustainable design (ESD) for one of Australia’s fastest growing regions
- Raise the profile of our sustainability policies, projects and engagement activites
- Ongoing role, salary from $87,013.48 plus super and RDO
Who are we?
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
We are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure Wyndham is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents to the region by 2040.
Be part of something more.
About the role
The Sustainability Officer is responsible for driving, implementing and evaluating diverse programs and projects that enhance and promote sustainability concepts and practices within Council, the community, urban development and businesses.
What you’ll deliver:
- The development, planning and delivery of a range of programs, projects and community education activities
- Strong and collaborative partnerships with community groups, members and other stakeholders that promote environmentally sustainable practices
- Community education, research and participatory programs that promote and enhance sustainability
- High-level advice and support for contracts and tenders related to sustainable procurement and environmentally sustainable design (ESD)
What you’ll bring:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Sustainable Design or related field and subsequent post graduate experience and / or relevant industry experience.
- Relevant experience in developing and delivering sustainability projects including capital works or improvements.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate a wide range of new concepts.
- Well-developed program, project management and problem solving skills.
- Sound understanding of the use and application of environmentally sustainable design (ESD) principles
Why join us?
It’s an exciting time to join Wyndham. We are transforming into an agile, resilient and customer-centric organisation and the opportunities to grow with us are endless.
Our people are our greatest and most valued asset, which is why we are focused on building a constructive culture that empowers them to do their best work. Flexibility is built into our DNA and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that supports a diverse workforce.
Some of our benefits include:
- Unrivalled growth potential and development opportunities
- Real opportunities to help shape the future of Melbourne’s west
- Health and wellbeing initiatives and access to discounted private health insurance
So, are you ready for something more?
How to apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Fiona Stevenson, A/Coordinator Environment and Sustainability on (03) 9742 0962.
Applications will be accepted until midnight Sunday 9 December 2018.
All applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit our website: www.wyndham.vic.gov.au.
Wyndham City Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Dec 2018
- VIC - Werribee
- from $87,013.48 plus super and RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science