Practice Leader - Sustainability and Resilience - [Archived Advertisement]
Practice Leader - Sustainability and Resilience
AECOM is looking for its next Practice Leader for our Sustainability & Resilience group in Victoria and Southern Australia. In this role, you will be a key member of our ANZ Sustainability & Resilience Practice and play an instrumental role in implementing AECOM’s recently launched global Sustainable Legacies strategy. Notably, you will be working with our market sector leaders and client account managers to embed Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks and opportunities into our client work. To enable the successful execution of our Sustainable Legacies strategy, you will grow our practice and market share in sustainability and resilience services. You will build and lead a team of passionate and skilled sustainability and resilience practitioners and provide technical support in the areas of climate risk and resilience, urban resilience and infrastructure sustainability. You will develop and enhance key internal relationships across technical practices, business lines and geographies and develop and enhance external relationships with key clients.
We are currently working across a number of infrastructure projects and industries to help our clients better manage climate change, and broader sustainability and resilience risks and opportunities. We are using our skills and strengths to help clients cope, recover and prosper, under changing conditions. In providing this advice to our clients the role will have the opportunity to be involved in projects at local, regional, state, national and international scales, looking at sustainability, climate change risks & opportunities, vulnerability and resilience for both the public and private sectors.
Our team takes an integrated approach to sustainability, climate change and resilience where we work with our teams and clients to embed relevant principles, risks and opportunities into their core business whether that is asset management, planning, design, delivery or project management.
- Development and delivery of technical excellence improvement initiatives to ensure we are strengthening the value we add to our clients and maintaining a competitive position in the market.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered to a high quality on time and on budget, striving to exceed the clients' expectations through regular face-to-face feedback from clients and lessons learnt session at the end of each project with the client.
- In consultation with the IAP Work Group Manager and the team, agree on project work and BD work allocation among team members taking into account capacity, capabilities and interests of the team members.
- Focus on the practice’s strategic plan including clear BD targets aligned with the broader Environment and ANZ BD targets, updated annually together with the team.
- Continuous focus on identifying areas for improvement in our technical services to clients.
- Engage with all business lines to build a strong understanding of the value we can add as a practice and get our services integrated into major bids.
- Ensure a team approach to BD and that BD targets are included in each team member’s annual objectives.
- Build an inclusive, engaging, high-performing team culture.
- Coach team members and support them in their professional development.
- Motivate the team to work together towards achieving the practice’s strategic plan.
Benefits at AECOM
AECOM is a place where you can maximize your innovative thinking and collaborate with a diverse range of highly intelligent and talented people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, transformational, and iconic projects.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and we've committed to creating a culture that embraces flexibility for all team members. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part-time and job share options
- Working from Home Tool Kits + Mobile Phone
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Climate Change/Climate Science