When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- salary - $86,795 - $103,504 per annum, plus superannuation
- access to a lease back vehicle
- a 9 day fortnight
- location - Grafton
- the opportunity to accrue time in lieu
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated strategic planning professional to lead a dynamic team of planners. You’ll be required to drive Council’s strategic land use planning through the requirements of the recently amended Environmental Planning and Assessment Act. You’ll be able to live and work in the Clarence Valley where we enjoy the finer things in life like catching a fish or a wave before work, river views on your daily commute, and a work life balance that is exactly as it should be – balanced.
As Strategic Planning Coordinator, you will:
- Drive Council’s strategic land use planning
- Deliver a strategic planning program including a Local Strategic Planning Statement, LEP Check, Community Participation Plan and standardized DCPs
- Process planning proposals as required
- Be responsible for managing Council’s developer contributions program
- Play a key role in Council’s positive engagement with Native Title issues
The successful applicant will:
- Be motivated and have a can do attitude
- Be able to motivate others
- Set a clear direction and work planning for the strategic planning team
- Be able to solve challenges
Download the position description here.
David Morrison, Manager Environment, Development and Strategic Planning on 6643 0204.
Sunday, 21 April 2019 at 11.30 pm (NSW time)
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.