Permanent position – Brisbane location
SunWater is seeking a Senior Hydrologist who will be responsible for providing hydrological and hydraulic modelling with a focus on customers (water delivery) and downstream communities (flood and drought impacts). This position will also provide a resource for flood operations associated with operational flood forecasting, and develop capability around water delivery and hydrological modelling whilst bolstering the current operational team during severe weather events.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated technical management and engineering experience in managing water infrastructure or floods and stream flows including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling
- Proven track record in managing projects and teams engaged in delivering hydrology and flood management programs and of managing competing demands for resources
- High level communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare written technical reports, memos, presentations, and other communications in a clear and logical manner
- Experience in providing hydrologic and hydraulic services and in balancing market demands, customer/client expectations and regulatory pressures
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual, problem solving and research skills, including the ability to address complex technical issues and to develop a range of practical strategies
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or an equivalent qualification relevant to the key accountabilities of the position, and registration as a CPEng and RPEQ (Professional Engineers Act 2002 QLD) or evidence of substantive progress towards achieving;
- Demonstrated experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modelling concepts and principles related to the management of low or high flows and a C' class driver's licence
- Post graduate qualifications in hydrology, engineering or an equivalent field, and a sound understanding of the context and environment in which SunWater operates is highly preferable.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and are an outcome-focused, motivated person seeking a new challenge then apply to SunWater at: https://app.revelian.com/sunwater/ap65634/
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, pre-employment and medical screening will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically exclude candidates however will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.
If you'd like further detail, contact James Stuart on 3120 0181 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: 24 November 2017