AgriFood Systems Analyst
AgriFood Systems Analyst
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Experience in applied microeconomics, agricultural economics, or agribusiness
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
CSIRO Agriculture and Food’s research from gene to plate increases productivity and efficiencies at the farm level, improving the quality and yield of Australian crops, developing innovative food processing technologies, creating new value-added foods, and growing the nation’s livestock, aquaculture and fishery industries. We have a diverse range of people and partnerships that span Australia and 25 countries, fostering a shared vision to create measurable economic, environmental and social impact.
As AgriFood System Analyst, you’ll be leading the quantitative and qualitative economic research which includes supply chain analysis, agri-business analysis, on-farm productivity analysis, and cost-benefit analysis with applications to the agrifood sector. These analyses are crucial to understanding how we can maintain the viability of agrifood production in a changing world.
The most exciting part of this role is the broad scope of the work, covering productivity, value addition, environmental impacts, food security, nutrition and associated policy design, and will focus on agrifood systems in both Australia and low-income countries abroad allowing you to make a few international trips. If you have the appetite for innovative research and like to lay your hands on a variety of research activities for your scientific achievement, then this is the ideal job for you.
Your duties will include:
- Liaising with clients to determine their needs and taking personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
- Assisting in the planning and preparation of research proposals and carrying out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Presenting results in a meaningful format, preparing reports for clients and writing scientific papers for publication.
- Addressing problems promptly and in a constructive manner, selecting the most profitable lines of attack upon a problem, and preparing detailed design proposals and research protocols.
- Supervising and/or training others to ensure activities are conducted in accordance with research design, or as required.
- Using professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience to recognise opportunities for innovation and generate new theoretical perspectives by pursuing new ideas/approaches and networking with scientific colleagues across a range of disciplines.
Location: St Lucia, QLD, Adelaide, SA or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$102k – AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of up to 3 years / Full time
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate degree and or equivalent research experience in applied microeconomics, agricultural economics, or agribusiness
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative economic analysis, including value chain analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to publish research results, prepare reports and present the results of scientific investigations at national and international conferences and stakeholder meetings
For full details about this role please view the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens; Australian Permanent Residents and/or Australian Temporary Residents, as well as overseas applicants. Sponsorship may be provided by CSIRO to the eligible candidate if required.
Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
6, October 2022, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 06 Oct 2022
- AU$102k – AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: