Coordinator, Waste Management - [Archived Advertisement]
Coordinator, Waste Management
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Empower CSIRO to meet its 80% waste diversion from landfill targets
- A Unique opportunity, contribute to CSIRO’s Net Zero Target!
- A collaborative, high performing team! Flexible/Hybrid working environment
If you are experienced in waste strategy development and implementation, and have a passion about making a genuine impact, this is an exceptional opportunity for you!
As the strategically focussed Coordinator, Waste Management you will work within the CSIRO Sustainability Team and play a pivotal role in the deployment of waste avoidance and reduction solutions. A sound knowledge in waste management, waste-related legislation and strong consultation and communication skills will be crucial to achieving our target of 80% diversion of waste from landfill by 2030.
You will be up close and personal with live, cutting-edge research that seeks to set CSIRO waste avoidance and reduction for the next 10 years and beyond! Have a meaningful impact, providing coordination for the development of a new waste strategy and implementation plan to achieve CSIRO’s waste diversion targets.
Your duties will include:
- Thinking strategically to develop a new waste avoidance, reduction and resource recovery strategy that meets CSIRO’s needs and will enable CSIRO to meet its 80% waste diversion from landfill targets.
- Working with CSIRO’s business units to support the implementation of individual business stream action plans to achieve the waste strategy goals.
- Providing advice to CSIRO management and staff on waste avoidance, reduction and recycling solutions along with prioritisation and cost/benefits of implementation.
- Coordinating waste audits and reviews on relevant CSIRO sites where required, provide outcomes analysis and lead the development of education materials and action plans with key stakeholders.
- Keeping up to date with changes to waste legislation and provide updates to CSIRO management.
- Considering emerging CSIRO risks in waste management and propose solutions to mitigate those risks.
Location: Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra preferred. Brisbane and Adelaide may be considered.
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in waste management, sustainability, environmental management or related field or have significant experience in the management of diverse wastes streams, resource recovery and/or circular economy principles.
- Sound knowledge of waste legislation and associated policies, including the National Waste Policy Action Plan.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful development and implementation of strategically focussed waste avoidance and reduction solutions.
- Strong analysis skills in the evaluation of alternatives/options, including the ability to develop business cases.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence with impact across multiple functional groups and across all levels.
- Exceptional communication and engagement skills with the ability to lead the development of relevant educational material to engage and inspire change.
For full details, about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
14 August 2022, 11:00pm AEST.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Aug 2022
- AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: