Research Support Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Support Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you enjoy a busy and diverse role involving coordinating and planning?
- Do you have great interpersonal skills and enjoy partnering with multidisciplinary teams to achieve research support objectives?
- Support world-class research facilities with your project management and change management skills
- Support the operation of the Food Innovation Centre, including laboratories and the food processing pilot plant, at CSIRO – Australia's National Science Agency!
CSIRO is currently seeking a motivated and energetic Research Support Manager to join the CSIRO Agriculture & Food (A&F) business unit, and play a key coordinating role in providing operational support to research staff at our Werribee Food Innovation Hub site!
In this varied and autonomous role, you will lead the coordination of site improvement and development projects, and act as the primary point of contact & bridge between the research staff and CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services (CBIS) team & other external stakeholders, to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the site, including laboratories and a specialist food grade pilot plant. An important part of your role will be to build and maintain strong partnerships with these groups to provide timely operational support and maintain facilities as safe and fit-for-purpose. You will also have responsibilities at other CSIRO sites within the A&F unit to manage their operations activities.
Utilising well-developed project management capabilities, this role offers a unique opportunity to hone your operations coordination and people management skills. If you have a background in research infrastructure support, and get motivated by a busy environment, we would love to hear from you!
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the CSIRO Werribee site and operation of the laboratories and food processing plant by:
- Partnering and collaborating with site leaders, A&F research staff and other internal and external teams & stakeholders.
- Providing leadership, project management and change management to provide A&F with required infrastructure, including office accommodation, food processing pilot plant and laboratories.
- Managing specific projects to improve the functioning of the site, including new technologies and digital options.
- Providing timely operational support, including partnering with CBIS and Health, Safety and Environment teams to maintain facilities as safe and fit-for-purpose.
- Coordinating with relevant parties to ensure required building repairs and maintenance (R&M) occurs, both through proactive identification of required activities and in response to research staff requests.
- Providing leadership and project management support for a future National Food Innovation Hub within a broader Australian Food Innovation Centre within Melbourne.
- Providing operational support at other A&F sites, including managing a team of site support officers who provide administrative support across CSIRO sites.
Location: Werribee, VIC
Salary: AU$117K to AU$138K pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 36 months
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent relevant work experience in the agriculture, food or manufacturing sector.
- Experience working with a research organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including researchers, support services and external partner companies.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and change management methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, and work effectively as part of, a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research, including demonstrated ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas.
- A proven ability to work in fast paced work environment and ability to manage competing demands and pressure situations.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must meet one of these criteria:
- an Australian or New Zealand Citizen;
- an Australian Permanent Resident; or
- an Australian Temporary Resident, currently residing in Australia, with a valid working visa to cover the length of the specified term (at least until September 2025), without the requirement of visa sponsorship from CSIRO.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
8 August 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 08 Aug 2022
- VIC - Werribee
- AU$117K to AU$138K pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type: