Sustainability Assessment Scientist
Sustainability Assessment Scientist
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Apply your expertise in agriculture sustainability assessment and systems thinking
- Contribute to enhancing the sustainability of Australian agriculture sector
- Exciting opportunity to join CSIRO – Australia’s national science agency!
We are seeking a dynamic and skilled Sustainability Assessment Scientist to join our CSIRO Agriculture & Food business unit, and contribute to enhancing the sustainability of the Australian agriculture sector!
In this role, you will be part of CSIRO’s Climate Smart Agriculture Research Group and the Sustainability Program, and you will bring your expertise in sustainability assessments & systems thinking in agriculture to further develop sustainability assessment frameworks and enrich the application of it at a larger scale. You will play a key role in developing the understanding of sustainability in the context of farming systems and products. You will also be at the forefront of engaging with the industry stakeholders and leading the delivery of related projects.
This will be an exciting opportunity for you to join a well-connected group of research & industry specialists and grow your skills & career with a leading scientific research organisation!
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to the sustainability of Australian agriculture, working with industry and commercial stakeholders to ensure effective outcomes and adoption.
- Leading the management and delivery of projects, working with multi-disciplinary project teams working on agriculture sustainability.
- Following and responding to trends in sustainable agriculture particularly in relation to climate change, environmental impact and social licence.
- Liaising with clients to determine their needs and taking personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
- Pursuing funding opportunities in alignment with CSIRO strategy, preparing proposals and carrying out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Presenting results in a meaningful format, preparing reports for clients and/or writing scientific papers for publication.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT (preferred); St Lucia, QLD (considered)
Salary: AU$117K to AU$138K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant doctorate, or an equivalent combination of qualifications and demonstrated post-graduate research or industry experience, in Environmental Science, Industrial Ecology or Sustainable Agriculture.
- Strong background in quantitative sustainability assessment (e.g., LCA or similar), including the understanding of environmental pressures and impacts.
- Significant demonstrated experience with project management and delivery, working with industry stakeholders, and carrying out independent individual research with critical reflection.
- Strong understanding of national & international context and developments in the field of sustainability credentials and scientific, policy and commercial aspects.
- A proven history of publication in peer reviewed journals and/or authorship of other technical papers, reports, grant applications or patents.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Friday, 3rd June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 03 Jun 2022
- AU$117K to AU$138K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Environmental Science/Earth Science