CSIRO Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships - Agriculture and Food - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships - Agriculture and Food
- Get hands-on research experience
- Access CSIRO's world-class facilities
- Apply for a CSIRO Vacation Studentship today!
Our Undergraduate Vacation Studentships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offer high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with leading CSIRO researchers in our world class facilities.
Students will have the chance to work on a real project in science, technology or a related field such as science communication. Placements are full time between 22 November 2021 and 28 January 2022.
Participation in the Vacation Studentship Program has influenced previous scholarship holders in their choice of further study and future career options. Many have gone on to pursue a PhD in collaboration with CSIRO or to build a successful research career within CSIRO, a university or industry.
CSIRO Agriculture and Food is helping to improve productivity, profitability and sustainability in cropping, livestock production, aquaculture, horticulture and the food industry. For more information please see our website at Agriculture and Food (link).
Projects: Agriculture and Food have 17 projects available, for details please see the project list (link to Excel file)
Location: Various (refer to list of projects above for specific details)
Scholarship: $1,622.86 per fortnight
To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the duration of the placement (does not require visa sponsorship).
Vacation scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree at an Australian university;
- have completed at least three years of a full-time (or equivalent) undergraduate course (however exceptional second year students may be considered);
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher);
- intend to pursue a research career in science or technology, or a career in a related discipline; and
- are available to undertake a full-time placement for 8-12 weeks over the university summer vacation period.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
To apply for an Undergraduate Vacation Scholarship you will be required to:
- submit a Resume/CV and Cover Letter (as one document) in the ‘Resume/CV’ field which includes:
- the reasons why the research project/s you have selected are of interest to you and how your skills/knowledge meet the project requirements; and
- an outline of your longer-term career aspirations and how this program will help you achieve them.
- upload your academic results in the ‘Cover Letter’ field;
- in the ‘Education’ section select your university from the Educational Institute list;
- in the ‘Job-Specific Information’ section select your two preferred research projects for Agriculture and Food in order of preference; and your Grade Point Average (GPA) as per the University Admission Centre’s methodology. If you have a WAM, please read the Methodology on this site and calculate a GPA using the formula provided.
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
Monday 9 August 2021
COVID-19 restrictions: We have many projects on offer across our sites and we hope to fill all of these positions, however please be aware that the COVID-19 restrictions could impact some projects. Depending on the restrictions in place we may not be able to proceed with some projects or we may be required to only consider students who reside closer to the location due to restricted interstate travel. We will endeavour to keep everyone informed of any changes as we progress through the recruitment process.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Aug 2021
- $1,622.86 per fortnight
- Work Type: