- Unique opportunity for career diversion from research, BD, science comms or similar
- Flexible arrangement - one full-time or two part-time opportunities
- Take a central role in CSIRO’s exciting new research initiative
As a Research Business and Partnerships Coordinator with CSIRO, you will contribute to and support two Agriculture and Food Missions - Drought Resilience and Trusted Agrifood Exports. With a primary responsibility of providing advice and support to the Mission Leads, other duties will include developing and leading the Missions’ monitoring and evaluation programs, coordinating the preparation of proposals, building networks and representing the Missions to a range of audiences.
This is a full-time position supporting both Missions, but we will consider offering two part-time appointments of 50%; each supporting one Mission. If you're considering a career change from research, business development, science communication, or similar, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
In this role you will:
- Provide high-level support and advice to the Mission Leads.
- Establish and lead a program of scientific monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Coordinate the scope, preparation, planning and submission of research funding proposals.
- Represent the Missions in a range of forums and engagements.
- Initiate and prepare complex and high-quality technical and business documents, reports, analyses, plans and briefings.
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs, tailoring solutions to potentially conflicting requirements.
- Prioritise issues for the Mission Leads and facilitate effective decision-making.
- Coordinate business processes (e.g. steering committees and external reference groups) and provide responses to information and reporting requests.
- Develop strong relationships with external stakeholders as well as key cross-organisational networks.
- Influence the decisions of managers by recognising the need for change and initiating innovative solutions.
Location: Negotiable: Brisbane, QLD or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term ending 30/06/2023 (full-time position or 2 x 50% part-time positions)
To be considered you will hold a relevant tertiary qualification or have experience managing science and innovation projects. You will also have:
- The ability to manage multiple initiatives within a large and complex organisation, and present findings influentially to decision makers.
- Project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills, and the ability to remain composed under pressure.
- Sound judgement and a proven ability to think and act strategically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills.
To see all the criteria required for success in this key role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Tuesday 20 October, 2020 (11pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this position prior to the closing date