- Train and develop colleagues in the use of adult learning principles
- Model desired behaviours to help promote a positive HSE culture
- Join CSIRO and contribute to our strategic HSE projects
CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team partners with staff across all levels of the organisation, coaching and influencing to make safety personal. They provide future-focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture.
As the HSE Training and Education Specialist, you will develop and deploy HSE training for all staff and CSIRO affiliates. You will play a key role in embedding adult learning principles into the development of training content produced by the HSE Specialist.
Your duties will include:
- Drive and support implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan through technical leadership and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on timely, effective and consistent delivery of HSE training and education
- Implement the HSE education and training road map to improve the HSE knowledge of CSIRO staff, including those in corporate citizen roles.
- Lead the development and implementation of a training matrix to meet the skills development requirements of the HSE function and the HSE corporate citizen roles.
- Build and maintain strong, positive partnering relationships with HSE corporate citizen networks, HSE Advisors, Managers and Business Unit Partners through developing knowledge and understanding of their respective HSE needs and tailoring solutions.
- Guide, support and empower HSE staff and HSE corporate citizens to develop solutions to complex and challenging HSE issues in partnership with relevant workgroups.
- Develop and contribute to a cohesive, collaborative, innovative HSE team by modelling desired culture and empowering high level delivery. Provide practical HSE support to operational staff, working with HSE Specialists when more specialist HSE support is required.
Location: Negotiable - Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart or Adelaide
Salary: $98K to $106K plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or and/or have equivalent training and development delivery experience in a complex environment
- A history of demonstrated professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of adult learning principles and the ability to apply these in complex organisations
- Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with stakeholders to identify training needs and solutions. Develop training packages and deliver or co-ordinate training.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills – working across all teams within the HSE and People function and other stakeholder teams. Shares and utilises team resources to provide seamless, organisational approaches specifically in training and education.
- Proven ability to understand stakeholder priorities as well as leveraging and contributing to HSE teams in the design / delivery / implementation of communication strategies (written and verbal – e.g. training) to deliver consistent messaging across the organisation.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful candidate will be asked to obtain and provide evidence of a National Police Check or equivalent. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Monday 31 August 2020, 11pm AEST