- Are you ready for your next challenge?
- Collaborate with a team of world-class researchers
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is looking for a versatile technician capable of running experiments, analysing results and engaging with the changing big data world of digital agriculture. Our activities range from the micro to the macro. Experiments are conducted from controlled environments, glasshouses to the field, and may be based on single plant replications up to large scale paddock comparisons.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player with skills in data analysis (statistics, big data, coding, databases etc) to work with the Crop Adaptation team focusing on legumes, and have the versatility to be deployed more broadly across the Business Unit.
Your duties will include:
- Adapt and/or develop original experimental methods/equipment/software/concepts/ ideas in support of existing and further research.
- Interact with the Crop Adaptation team at large, taking a collegiate interest in the wider research activities, contributing to the discussion and group dynamic.
- Complete tasks under technical direction, working with discretion to decide on the timing of operations within the work team’s plan and planning ahead to meet experiment and/or project demands.
Location: Floreat, WA
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Biology or other relevant discipline.
- Current Australian C Class driver’s licence.
- Experienced technician with a track record in running plant trials in controlled environments, glasshouses and field, including the use of databases, image analysis and other analytical techniques.
- Experience with at least one modern statistical data analytics platform such as R, Python or Matlab.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Friday 12th June 2020, 11:00pm AEST