- Do you have significant experience in research infrastructure project management?
- Use your skills to develop world class research & industry support facilities
- Support the operation of CSIRO’s Food Innovation Centre & the food processing pilot plant
CSIRO’s Agriculture & Food (A&F) is seeking to appoint a Site Operations Officer.
As the successful candidate, you will play an important role in developing world class infrastructure at CSIRO’s Food Innovation Centre at Werribee, Vic. You will support the operation of the current site facilities, including the food standard grade food processing pilot plant. You will be proactive in identification of the required activities as well as respond to research staff requests. You will also be involved in operations activities at other CSIRO sites.
Your duties will include:
- To support the Werribee site, and operation of the food processing pilot plant, by
- Leading projects to provide A&F with the required infrastructure for the Werribee site, including food processing pilot plant, laboratories, industry engagement facilities and staff office accommodation.
- Providing project management support for a scoping study and business case development for on-site infrastructure development.
- Managing specific projects to improve the function of the site, including new technologies and digital options.
- Coordinating building repair & maintenance (R&M) with CSIRO’s business and infrastructure services section, both through proactive identification of required activities and in response to research staff requests.
- Provide operational support at other A&F sites as required.
Location: Werribee VIC
Salary: AU$113k – AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent relevant work experience in the food or a related manufacturing sector.
- Qualifications or relevant experience in infrastructure or related project management, including knowledge of current project and change management methodologies.
- Experience in working with a research organisation and managing relationships with researchers and external client users of a facility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research, including demonstrated ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Thursday 16 April, 11:00 pm AEDT