- Do you have an interest in cropping systems and agronomy?
- Use your skills to research crop activities at experimental, farm and industry levels
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food business unit is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic research scientist with expertise in cropping systems agronomy/physiology.
As the successful candidate of this recently created position, you will undertake research which will be focused on providing solutions to raise productivity and resource use efficiencies. You will engage within the industry and with stakeholders to ensure impact and delivery of research outcomes to real world application.
The position offers a unique opportunity for scientific career development and to progress a national and international profile and reputation toward being a future leader of R&D in the area of modern, digitally enabled farming systems agronomy.
Your duties will include:
- Work closely with other cropping systems researchers to develop novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research into improving the sustainability of both irrigated and rain-fed cotton systems.
- Lead research into exploiting the use of growth regulators and plant hormone technologies to improve cotton cropping system resilience to improve productivity, quality and resource use efficiencies.
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Engage with industry and stakeholders to ensure impact and delivery of research outcomes to real world application.
Location: Myall Vale NSW
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in an area relating to applied cropping systems/agronomy or related discipline.
- Current drivers’ licence.
- Demonstrated experience in field-based cropping systems/agronomy research.
- Experience and/or demonstrated knowledge of the application of digital agricultural principles and precision farming technologies directed at agronomic and/or farming systems research.
- Experience and/or demonstrated knowledge with the use, application and delivery of agricultural technologies (including application of sensor networks and plant phenomics technologies) in a commercial context.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirments of this role.
Tuesday 03 March 2020, 11:00 pm AEDT