- Build & monitor a portfolio of external relationships for the Energy Sector.
- Use your skills to solve complex problems on a global stage
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The program addresses the challenges of transitioning Australia's current centralised electricity grid system to a lower emission future state via a pathway that maintains energy affordability and reliability. Priorities include more widespread and effective deployment of improved energy efficiency strategies and tools, and assisting in the uptake of renewable energy generation and storage technologies. The program utilises a range of technical and science approaches from desktop modelling to system simulation and demonstration.
As the Business Development Manager (BDM) you will contribute to the effective delivery of science through the provision of high-level advice to senior managers, members of the Executive and/or Business Unit leaders.
Reporting directly to the Business Development Director, you will be responsible for building and monitoring a portfolio of external relationships and a pipeline of funding opportunities aligned to the Energy’s Business Unit, science and impact goals.
You will have significant input into the development of the CSIRO Energy Business Unit BD strategy specifically around the oil and gas, hydrogen etc and be responsible for:
- The execution of the plans in assigned areas;
- The proactive monitoring and driving performance improvement against strategic objectives.
Location: Clayton, Melbourne
Salary: AU$113k- AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A tertiary qualification in science/engineering and/or business with a focus on innovation management.
- Proven ability to develop a portfolio of commercial relationships with new and existing customers across multiple touch points in the customer’s organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an opportunity pipeline and workflow systems to ensure accurate forecasting and visibility of opportunities.
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial BD principles, negotiation, markets, business and technology trends and issues relevant to the industry.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships within organisations.
- An understanding of agile customer development, market validation, and aligned methodologies.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday, 21st July, 2019 at 11.59pm AEST