- Exciting opportunity – develop tools to anticipate future environmental challenges
- Develop science needed to address current and future environmental issues
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Energy is seeking to appoint a research scientist to work within their Atmospheric and Emissions Chemistry team.
As the successful candidate, you will support the business unit to meet its long-term research goals revolving around the safe decarbonisation of the Australian Energy system. Work alongside other CSIRO scientists to analyse, predict, conceive, plan and carry out research projects to generate the appropriate science to support the fast transition to low carbon economy.
Your duties will include
- Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of longer term atmospheric research strategies aligned with the Energy Business Unit goals.
- Using the CSIRO atmospheric simulation chamber, design, plan and carry out experiments to progress the fundamental understanding of atmospheric chemistry associated with emissions from emerging energy technologies.
- Undertake supervision and/or training of others to ensure experiments are established in accordance with business unit strategies, research design, or as required.
Location: Newcastle NSW
Salary: AU$98,735 - AU$106,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in chemistry, physics or atmospheric science and with a very strong capability in physical chemistry.
- Demonstrated experience in air pollutant science and mitigation techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in mechanistic or numerical modelling
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday 24 June 2019 at 11.59pm AEST